Monday, July 25, 2005

Cultural Diversity

I consider myself to pretty aware of how important cultural diversity is in this world, as well as the importance to being open and accepting to things that may seem different, odd, foreign, or uncomfortable in some way. In fact, one of my favorite general studies course at CSUC was Cultural Anthropology.

It's always interesting how many cultures share traditions, but with their own twist. For example, here in the US, a favorite birthday party past-time has been "Pin the Tail on the Donkey". I suppose in the Andes, they play "Pin the Tail on the Llama"... wait, do llamas have tails? Anyway, you get my point... the point is that... some traditions, though with variations, are universal. No, that's not the point, I think the point is that the folks in Glasgow have some really strange hobbies:

No comments: